Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just came back from a night at the hospital

Yesterday evening Jerry took a sudden turn for the worst. Mentally & Physically he went downhill. Finally early afternoon today they got the "ok" from his Dr. to get him into the hospital. When I spoke with my mom around 6pm, Jerry was just "gone"- not sure where he was, what year it was, or even who the President of the US is. He hadn't had anything to eat or drink in a day. He told my mom he thought he was allergic to water. I got to the hospital around 8pm and it was just as she said it was. He is very agitated. Won't lay still in his bed or sleep for more than around 1 minute I guess. He thinks he sees things. He is completely incoherent. He doesn't know where he is or what is going on around him. He imagines hot dogs, corn on the cob, and things. As I was leaving they were going to give him a shot of Morphine to calm him as he kept trying to rip the monitors off and get out of bed every 2-3 minutes until my mom was able to remind him of where he was. They've now been sitting in a small room in the emergency room waiting to see another doctor and waiting for a bed to be available within the hospital (got to love Kaiser) My mom is beyond exhausted since Jerry hasn't been sleeping the past week, neither has she. I'm going to call her first thing in the morning and see what is new. I think she is preparing herself for the worst. I will update just as soon as I know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment