Thursday, May 21, 2009

Arranging Hospice & final arrangments

Today my mom was told that they will be moving forward with arranging hospice care at home for the remainder of his life, the days remaining are anyone's guess. My mom will need a few days to arrange for space for the bed and the rearranging of Jerry's bedroom. I'm going to figure he could be coming home early next week.

Per my mom's request, I've contacted the local cemetary, Corona Sunny Slope, where we are going to start going forward with "pre-need" accomodations. My mom just cannot stomach having his remains put in Ridgecrest so far away. His wishes are to be creamated but we would like a small memorial here at the cemetary so my mom & my girls have some place to visit & place flowers. Unfortunately, cemetaries run a little different than in Ridgecrest where I buried my dad nearly 6 years ago, I didn't have to pay until I received life insurance monies. Here they are requiring at least 20% down but we will be given a discount for going forward with the planning "pre-need". We will need at least $1,400 to have Jerry buried. As a sign of the times, Bill and I no longer have any extra accounts we can pull from to pay for this as well as deductibles from last weeks accident. I'm just not sure how much my mom has in savings. I've been asked by numerous people if there was an account set up to help my mom however she might need. I have now set one up. There is a company called Chip-in. This is linked directly to a paypal account. If you are not familiar with paypal, it is a completely safe way to send money over the internet & you do not have to have a paypal account. Instead of flowers or meals, she could use the extra cash. If you are available to help a little, please do. There is a link at the top of the page. I will keep you posted. Contact me anytime at 951-738-9412. Please keep praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment